"When we all think alike, then no one is thinking."
— Walter Lippman

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Color Play

One of the things I like about playing with images in photoshop is the ability to alter colors and textures. The above example started out as a random collection of post card stamps and writings scanned into the program and arranged in layers. The posterize filter was used, colors were altered, and various brushes were used as stamps to create additional texture. You can see the original image below for comparison.
I like the way this turned out and may use it as a backing on some of my ATCs.

2 comments:

andrea creates said...

Oh how I wish I had photoshop.Maybe in my new future studio?:)
Is it hard to learn?
Great artwork
~Andrea

Ann Renee Lighter said...

Thanks Andrea
It does take a while to learn. I am still a beginner and try to practice new skills as often as possible to keep pushing myself on. At first I swore at the computer quiet a lot and almost quit but now it's getting to be fun. There are many good tutorials online and in various books to help. Start with the simple things and just keep adding to your 'bag of tricks.'
I am using Adobe Photoshop CS3 but
you can also get very good results with Photoshop Elements and that is not nearly as expensive.
I do think your level of motivation is the key to how fast you will learn. Good luck!
Ann Renee

Related Posts with Thumbnails
If you have come this far and want to see more, please click on the words "Older Posts" above.