"When we all think alike, then no one is thinking."
— Walter Lippman

Friday, March 13, 2009

Journal Pages / Nature



These pages were done in class along with my students. The exercise was to place a 'found' image on a painted background, expand the image beyond it's existing borders, embellish and then add text. These pages face each other in the journal. I loved the playful attitude of this bear..... Apparently he has a magic foot.
"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not bretheren; they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the Earth." -Henry Beston


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very interesting project.Seems like fun to do.

I just noticed my name over there on your 'blog list'...thanks!
Have a great day-
Andrea

Ann Renee Lighter said...

Hi Andrea!
This project is a great way to get started in visual journalling.

I really enjoy your blog too!

Virginia said...

What a wonderful page -- I love the "windows" in the saplings. And what a fantastic quote -- especially this phrase: "...they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time..." I need to do a collage around this!

Rebikulous said...

Love your journal pages. I am also an art educator/altered book enthusiast... I am working on a steampunk page right now... :)
www.ramblessilently.blogspot.com

Rebikulous said...

Love your journaling and art! I am an art educator and journal/altered book enthusiast as well...
www.ramblessilently.blogspot.org

Ann Renee Lighter said...

Thank You!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
If you have come this far and want to see more, please click on the words "Older Posts" above.