"When we all think alike, then no one is thinking."
— Walter Lippman

Friday, July 12, 2013

Sets of Three





I have been working with sets of three collages simultaneously.   Here's how it works….. I begin by making 3 background pieces using a mono printing process on my Gelli printing plate, and the same colors on all 3.   Then a layer of painting is added to start building the composition.  Next collage elements are applied using paper and matte medium.   Finally, mark making, paint or detail work.   The rules I am applying to this process are simple…. whatever I use on one, whether it is a specific paper, color of paint or type of mark making, I must use on all 3.  So there is a continuity in the materials and colors as they relate to each other, but all 3 are still unique expressions.  

I am also working very intuitively on these, trying not to "over think" the whole process.  These may or may not be finished.


There are several options for the finished pages…. they could be bound into journal form, or mounted as individual pieces, or as a triptych.  

1 comment:

tgarrett said...

These are wonderful Ann- such energy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
If you have come this far and want to see more, please click on the words "Older Posts" above.