"When we all think alike, then no one is thinking."
— Walter Lippman

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Alcohol Ink and Sea Salt

   Fun with alcohol ink continues.  Here is a picture of one of my recent journals using the papers to cover my book boards.
  In this example, I saturated the surface of heavy watercolor paper with alcohol ink, sprinkled on sea salt and walked away.   The next day, after brushing off all the salt, this is what the paper looked like.   Alchemy !
   Each time I use this process I am amazed at the beautiful results.
 I have also recently discovered a wonderful binding product to use for the spine....
it is called Eco Leather.  This product is not actual leather, but has the durability and feel of leather.

1 comment:

Rosy Newlun said...

I love the outcome of your salt and alcohol inks. I had been wondering if watercolor and acrylic were the only types to get this effect with - thank you! Love the faux leather binding, looks real - great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
If you have come this far and want to see more, please click on the words "Older Posts" above.