"When we all think alike, then no one is thinking."
— Walter Lippman

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Journal Pages

These are a few pages from a visual journal I have been carrying around and playing with recently. Inspired by artist Teesha Moore, I have been exploring her ideas and color use to stretch my own boundaries a bit.
The text is inspired by a book I love, Art and Fear by David Bayles and Ted Orland.
On her website and on YouTube, Teesha Moore has generously shared a series of videos about how she creates her journal pages. They are definitely fun and inspiring and worth a look. After watching them, I made this little book so I could play too.
What I love most about visual journaling is the freedom it gives us to play and explore.
You don't have to create a masterpiece, just get out the paint, markers, glue sticks and pens and see where it takes you. Use whatever inspires you and have unstructured fun.

1 comment:

Laura Spano said...

Great pages! I especially am in love with the way you did the journaling around the original image.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
If you have come this far and want to see more, please click on the words "Older Posts" above.