"When we all think alike, then no one is thinking."
— Walter Lippman

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Fun with Centipedes

Here's my latest book-play. I was in the mood for centipedes and lots of them.
So once I got started it was hard to stop. Just one more I kept saying to myself....
The book measures 5 x 7 and has 112 leaves of mixed paper types and weights. There are pages for writing and pages for drawing or mixed media journaling.
Although this particular book is finished, I don't think I'm done playing with this stitch. I may have caught the bug.

6 comments:

Sharon Parker said...

Oooh -- beautiful AND creepy!

Virginia said...

OMG these are amazing critters -- I don't know whether to start screaming or to buy one and showcase it in my studio. I love how you contrast them with the baby blue/aqua speckled paper. You are so brave and have a wicked sense of humor!

Ann Renee Lighter said...

When I handed it to my husband for his appraisal, he flinched and then very gingerly touched the centipedes. Just the reaction I was hoping for, Ha.
They are really very sweet once you get to know them.

andrea creates said...

Oooh- creepy-in a good way! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Ann, you still have such a creative mind. I attended AHS, class of '72 and remember you and your artistic abilities even way back then. I looked at your Etsy store and will return for another look see sometime. OH, btw.. the elephant book, I could never part with it either!

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
(discovered you on a friends FB page)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
If you have come this far and want to see more, please click on the words "Older Posts" above.