"When we all think alike, then no one is thinking."
— Walter Lippman

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Painted Canvas Covers


 One of my students recently gifted me with several rolls of fine artist's canvas.  Within hours a large section of the canvas was on my work table getting painted for book covers.    The painted canvas is adhered to heavy book board, resulting in a very sturdy journal cover.  
This example shows a strap binding with heavy leather.   Signatures are attached with a version of the longstitch binding method.  
With this new supply of canvas, the plans are to make a few more of these and continue to experiment with alternate cover treatments.   It's always an adventure and so much fun to play.
You will find this journal and others in my Etsy Shop.

2 comments:

Fungames said...

I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike other blogs I have read which are really not that good.Thanks alot! site link

Ann Renee Lighter said...

Thank you ! I'm so glad you enjoy it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
If you have come this far and want to see more, please click on the words "Older Posts" above.