"When we all think alike, then no one is thinking."
— Walter Lippman

Friday, April 17, 2009

A Clear Mind / Visual Journal Page


I listen to XM Talk Radio on my daily commute to school and back, and almost every day hear a thought provoking quote or idea. I have a little notebook in my car for making quick references and these often become prompts for visual journal pages. Yesterday I heard someone say "A clear mind makes clear choices" and here it is on today's journal page.
Watercolor pencils were the medium of choice for this page.

2 comments:

tgarrett said...

Nice drawing Ann. Was curious how large this journal is. Nice textures with the colored pencil. Terry

Ann Renee Lighter said...

This is a 7 x 10 journal that I carry everywhere in my book bag. It's nice and portable. The paper is a heavy bristol stock and I normally paint the pages with something first for additional texture. This one was painted with thinned down latex house paint! I couldn't find the gesso that day, and anything goes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
If you have come this far and want to see more, please click on the words "Older Posts" above.