"When we all think alike, then no one is thinking."
— Walter Lippman

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Robin's Egg Blue


A few weeks ago I was out geocaching and came across a robin's nest with 3 perfect blue eggs.   I was immediately reminded of the quote from one of my favorite little books "The Rabbit Box" by Joseph Pintauro and Norman Laliberte and knew this would be the prompt for my second blue-themed journal page.
"Robins, how can you tell the difference between your eggs and the sky?"  Something to wonder about.

4 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

I am always amazed to see blue eggs. I also love bluey green eggs. Some blue/green eggs seem the exact colour of a winter evening sky to me.

Virginia said...

Lovely collage, and isn't it so true? It's a celebration and a mystery, just like your collage depicts.

andrea creates said...

I found a few robin's eggs this year but they were always broken up. I was surprised to find out how fragile they are. They do come in one of my favorite colors!
Geochaching-sounds interesting! Is it lots of fun?
Thanks for stopping by :)
Have a great weekend...

Ann Renee Lighter said...

Thanks for your comment and question Andrea. I am a novice but enthused geocacher. The gift and greatest reward (aside from actually finding the cache) is the prompt to discover places that I had not been before..... little places of interest that I had passed by all these years, or simply did not know they existed.
For example, a rural pioneer cemetery, the remains of an old railroad bridge, a wetland complete with blue herons..... that kind of treasure.
Yes, it is very fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
If you have come this far and want to see more, please click on the words "Older Posts" above.